Jump and Slide wants our clients to use our rentals safely, so we recommend these rental tips for our inflatable units!
Before you even commit to an operator, you need to ask a few basic questions:
- Are they insured and will they supply a copy of their insurance certificate?
- Are they trained/experienced in inflatable operations?
- What safety measures do they provide you with? Price should not even be a consideration!
After the operator arrives, they should do the following and it is your job to pay attention to help make sure its done properly:
- A tarp should be placed on the ground to protect the bottom of the unit.
- The unit should be staked down or heavily weighted down with ground weights or sandbags.
- When the unit is inflated, make sure there are no rips or holes visible.
- Make sure the unit is fully inflated and not sagging anywhere.
- The operator must cover all operating and safety procedures verbally, and should leave printed instructions as well.
- It is your responsibility to ask questions if you do not understand anything particular.
After the operator leaves, you should always:
- Attend the unit at all times.
- Keep children age 3 and under out of the area.
- Make sure all children are grouped according to size.
- Do not exceed the maximum ride capacity at any time.
- Perform safety checks of the equipment frequently. Operators will show you how.
- Turn the unit off during inclement weather or high winds.
- Seek medical attention for all injuries if they occur.
- Follow all posted safety rules at all times.
- These simple tips will help keep you safe and allow you to enjoy the rental of your inflatable. Remember, safety first, safety always! Safety is everyone’s job!